State Bank of India, Clerk Notification can be announced any time. Infact, in one of Our previous posts, we have informed that SBI Clerical Notification for 19000 vacancies, was expected to be published on 15th June, 2013. But that news turned out to be a complete rumour. Even Popular Newspaper Like Amar Ujala and Dainik Bhaskar have confined the news of SBI Clerk vacancy.
Few day ago, SBI Charmian Mr Pratik Choudhary in an Interview with Businessline informed, that SBI will recruit 10000 staff in 2013. This includes 1500 PO posts, for which the Interviews are going on. The left over vacancies are for the post of Clerks. i.e SBI will create around 8,500 posts in Clerical Cadre
As soon as the News of SBI Clerk Recruitment is published, a Lot of students are eager to know to Eligibility Criteria for the Upcoming SBI Exams. We have received a lot of Message on Our Facebook Page. In this post, we are going to clear the Doubts on the SBI Clerk Eligibility Criteria
What is the Eligibility Criteria for SBI Clerk Recruitment ?
The Exact Eligibility criteria will be known, only, when the SBI Clerk Notification, will be published. The Eligibility criteria that we are going to share in this post, is of SBI Clerk 2012 Exam.
The Govt of India had passed an order in October, 2011 that to Apply for Clerk Job in Public Sector Banks, applicant must be a Graduate. The Order is circulated to the Head's of All the Public Sector Banks.
IBPS followed this order, and in the 2nd CWE Clerk Notification, that was published in Oct, 2012 made Graduation, as Eligibility Criteria to apply for Clerk Jobs in participating 20 Public Sector Banks (PSB's).
However, SBI decided to go against the Govt Order and It Clerk Recruitment Notification 2012, maintained its previous Eligibility Criteria (i.e 60% in 12th). Now, it will be interesting to see, that Whether SBI will make the Changes in the Eligibility Criteria for 2013 Recruitment ?
Here is the Eligibility Criteria as published in the SBI 2012 Clerk Notification
1) Nationality: You must be an India, to apply for Clerk Jobs in State Bank of India (SBI)
2) Age Limit : Applicants willing to apply for Clerk Jobs in SBI, must have completed the age of 18 years and must not be over 28 years (The Cut Off Date for Determining the Age Limit, will be mentioned in the Notification.)
Age Relations: However, there are age relaxations, as per the Government rules. The Detailed Age-Relaxation Criteria is given below
3) Educational Qualifications: Applicants must have passed the 12th Class with at least 60% Marks OR Degree in any disciplines obtained from a recognised university in India (No Percentage is specified for Graduation)
4) Computer Literacy: Applicants applying for Clerk Jobs in SBI, must have the working knowledge of Computers and posses 6 Month Computer Certificate.
Note: Applicants who have Computer Subjects as their Degree Subject (Like BCA, B Tech/BE in Computer Science) don't need this certificate
- Applicants must must proficient in the Local Language of the State
- Applicants must also be fluent in English Language.
Apart from the SBI Clerk Exam 2013, IBPS PO Exam is also round the corner and Notification for this can be published soon. For more details, you can check our List on Upcoming Bank Exams 2013
In the upcoming posts, we are going to Share the Details on the Selection Process, Study Material and Question Papers
Be the First to Know About SBI 19000 Clerk Vacancy
(Don't forget to Activate the Email Subscription from your Inbox)